Le Tour de Staveley and Wheels For All
Le Tour de Staveley, the club's social sportive, is on Saturday 15th July @ 3.00pm. Profits from the event will go to the Wheels For All project at Brockhole.
Reasons to get involved:
- In order to raise approximately £1,000.00 we need 400 participants
- It's a friendly, social, sportive for all abilities
- The ride finishes with food, drink and stage 14 of the Tour de France, Blagnac to Rodez, on the big screen
There are two rides available:
- Le Petit Tour: 28 Miles
- Tour of Staveley: 48.5 Miles
And different price options:
- Full Monty £30: Ride + 2-course French themed meal, 3x pre-paid drinks
- Demi £25: Ride + 2-course French themed meal
- Skinny £12: Ride only
- Food only: £10
Starting at 3.00 pm from WHEELBASE with a feed station positioned 3/4 at Hare & Hounds, Bowland Bridge. Both distances take in fabulous scenery before finishing with a 2-course dinner served up by Wilf’s, drinks supplied by Hawkshead Brewery and the day's Tour de France action playing on the big screen.
Book your place:
To find out more and to enter head to: http://www.wheelbase.co.uk/event/TD2017/
To enter direct: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/163697/Le-Tour-de-Staveley-2017 (You don't have to be a member of Kendal Cycle Club or British Cycling to enter)
The Wheels for All initiative is a nationally recognised program that embraces all children and adults with disabilities and differing needs, to engage in a quality cycling activity. By using specially adapted cycles, the activities are both physically and mentally stimulating and above all fun for everyone involved.
Marshals are needed to help run the event. The event requires 2 helpers for signage on Friday 14th July and also up to 10 marshals on Saturday 15th July for various roles and locations between 3pm to 7pm. If you can help, please email email@example.com