Adverse Weather Policy

RIDES WILL BE CANCELLED IF THERE IS A RISK OF ICE/FLOODS ON ROADS/ HIGH WINDS OR A WEATHER WARNING IN PLACE

If the weather is forecast to be below zero overnight or a weather warning is in place for adverse weather conditions then club rides for that day will be cancelled.

If ice, high winds, flooding or other adverse weather conditions are forecast, then a decision will be taken as soon as possible prior to the ride. For Saturday rides this will often be Friday afternoon or evening. The membership will be notified via Facebook and email, and for Saturday club rides The Brewery Arts Centre will be notified in advance. It is the responsibility of members to check Facebook and their email to see whether rides will go ahead.

Even if a general cancellation does not occur prior to the ride, the committee may decide on the day that it is unsafe to ride. We ask members to respect that the committee always acts in the interest of all club members.

Responsibility for monitoring forecast for club events:

Thursday Night Road Ride: Rory Black
Saturday Club Ride: Ben Dowman
Sunday Club Ride: Ben Dowman
Lead Mountain Bike Rides: Derek Queenan

If the people mentioned above are not available to make a decision to cancel a ride, they must notify the committee in advance. The Chair has the right to make a final call on cancelling rides and events.